Friday 7 December 2012

Au Chocolat


This is my second review of Au Chocolat. But it is the first time I had any main course from it. And boy... why did I miss it previously?

 <Duck Confit>

This pan-roasted duck thigh is served with potato mash, a white wine poached pear & topped off with a tangy chocolate orange sauce. Oh my oh my oh my~! Was it goooood! This is on-par with the duck confit I've had from Bistro Du Vin. The duck was crispy on the outside, moist on the inside and the meat literally falls of the bone. Some people may find the chocolate orange sauce a bit overpowering, but I think it gives the dish a nice twist of flavour. Use sparingly if you still want to taste the duck though. What I don't like most would probably be the white wine poached pear. Don't get me wrong, its delicious on its on. But I just don't feel that it belongs on the dish.

 <Praline Au Chocolat>

Their top selling cake! Its milk chocolate praline mousse with a layer of crispy praline layer enrobed in dark chocolate. I got this cake for me and my wife's 3 year marriage anniversary. ^^

<A slice of the cake>

It looks messy cos it was cut by me I suppose? Haha! The taste is good with different texture that you get from the 3 different layers. However for me, I felt that the taste was pretty one-sided. If it had incorporated some tangy twist to lighten up some of the heaviness, it would have been perfect. But again, I doubt my wife would like my suggestion as she prefers something 100% sweet. LOL

Verdict
Ambience - Good
Food - Great
Cost - $15 to $30
Overall - Must try!

Address
L1-03, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, 2 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956
http://www.auchocolat.com/bistro

Opening Hours
11am to 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...